Private Equity Property Acquisition Criteria
Trebuchet is actively seeking to acquire. Our investment strategy allows us, in some cases to JV with other funds/developer/owner groups that have a similar strategy.
- Los Angeles & area
- Warehouse, Distribution, Manufacturing, Flex
- Class A, B or C
- Age: less than 10 years, Class A. Class B less than 25
- Size:25,000-1,000,000 SF
- Lease term NN or NNN
- 28-42+ feet or higher ceilings desired (Class A)
- High Loading Door Ratio (>1 door per 8,000 SF) for warehouse/distro (Class A)
- ESFR Sprinklers, T5 or LED lighting (Class A)
- No or low % Mezzanine space
- No Sale Leasebacks on non-national tenants (Class A)
- High occupancy, 95%+ or discounted FMV to the same
- Building structurally sound- no pre-fab
- No large reclamation or brownfield projects
- Transaction size $10m to $120m
Other Deals/Asset classes:
We look to acquire assets outside of Industrial.
This includes: Parking, Condo development, land, and Class C industrial for re-positioning.
Older building for re-classification to condo
Underperforming assets that have significant upside through lease up, rehabilitation, redevelopment, re-classing, reduction of expenses or expansion
Infill condo Development project in Los Angeles, BH, Santa Monica, Santa Barbra, La Brea areas
Investment size to $75,500,000 USD
Due to the volume of deals submitted, our automated system will reject any incomplete information, and we will not respond to incomplete submissions.
We are not able to follow up if the submitted property does not meet our criteria, if it does meet our criteria expect a call back within 1 business day
The following is a list of minimum information required to evaluate a property offering if applicable:
1. Current Rent Roll
a. Lease commencement and rent start date
b. Initial lease term maturity date
c. All options
d. Rental rate PSF
e. Escalations (how much and when)
f. Tenant Name
g. Lease Guarantor (if applicable)
h. Lease type (net, gross, or modified gross)
2. Inventory of major work done to property, and estimate of what and when major new work needs to be done (eg: new roof, paving, hvac, reclamation)
3. Last 3 years Profit and Loss Statement
4. Property Owner and reason for sale (lender forced, etc.??)
5. Declaration or Easement Agreements which materially affect the property
6. Site Plan
7. Legal Address
8. Current CAM charges & breakdown
9. Taxes for last year and estimated this yr if not NNN
10. Clear large pictures of the property, more than 5 plus interior pictures.
11. Why does your property or portfolio deserve consideration?
12. What is the business case, why do we HAVE TO have it?
Please email or call, can sign address specific NDA prior:
This information will expedite our process and provide quick feedback and provide an offer to purchase (if it meets our criteria).
However, more information will be required during due diligence including but not limited to title, survey, leases, environmental and engineering reports, etc.
We can close in less than 20 days if we have full information.
Include a link to the deal package with the above information.